2013/14 Season

1st Team Results

Oct 25

1st Team 4 - 1 Old Islesworthians
Date: 2014-10-25
Venue: Away

We played a combative side who had some quality among their squad. The oppo had 1 player on the pitch at the time planned KO time . Another 5-6 lads sauntered over shortly after. This ensured that the game kicked off late.

We got into a decent rhythm and hit the woodwork 4 times in the opening 30 minutes. We finally geo ahead through a pressing phase of play which resulted in Mike Ramsey converting the chance.

We dominated the first half but offered them some chances at our end. The second half started well again but within five minutes we started loosing composure and isleworthans started putting in more roughs tackles. They then made two attacking subs. The lads that they brought on were very good. Coupled with the loss of rhythm they started pressing and competing more. They robbed one of our players and switched play quickly. The switch saw three of their players run in on goal. They had options and passed the ball into the net. 1-1.

They started playing with more belief and we got drawn into some confrontations both on and off the pitch. A sub squared up to me. Their manager started on one of our on field players. All this against a back drop a referee making poor decisions and bullied/abused by the opposition. We played through this phase and started playing again for the last 15 minutes. We had a number of breaks in on their final third, that we either over run or mis-controlled or over hit as we pushed for the winner. With about 5 minutes to go a counter attack by the oppo saw a ball cannon of a couple of players and the ball present itself to their striker. The cleanly hit shot into the bottom left hand corner was a match defining moment. Danny Williams got down low and saved this goal bound shot.

We then went into extra time. We started well and pressed them. We started getting behind them a little more. From a corner that was not cut out at the near post, the ball flicked on and fell into the penalty area. Liam Adams was on point to slam the ball home.

The third goal cam from another attack which saw a cut back across the box with Albert Whitehead, arriving late to sweep the ball home. The game became a little stretched with the oppo switching to a back three and pushing to get back into the game.

A quick turnover of possession saw a pass out of defence into Ollie's feet. He turned and delayed and sent a ball into the path of overlapping Albert Whitehead who ran through on goal and coolly slotted a cross shot beyond the on rushing Isleworthians keeper.

A very hard fought game that we ultimately made hard work for ourselves but fully deserving of the win. A big thanks goes out to Albert Whitehead and Mark Speller who come in from the reserves to bolster our squad to late injuries.


D Williams 

M Ramsay 
Scored (1) 

M Speller 

C Hopkinson 

J Ayling 

R Warner (MotM) 

A Whitehead 
Scored (2) 

O Olanipekun 

N Lewis 

L Adams 
Scored (1) 

B Alaba 

M Proctor 

S Kendor 

T Dodd 

Beati Mundo Corde